Thursday, July 15, 2010

shake the glitter off your... boots?

As horrible as this is probably going to sound coming from someone in her late 20's, I'm going to say it anyways: I love shopping at Forever 21. My friends and I adoringly refer to it as "Forever Til You Wash It" or simply, "XXI."

While I do feel like some of the recent trends are too young for me, there are many pieces I will purchase separately to spice up a dull work outfit. I love the delicate and romantic sleeveless shirts that can be worn under a sweater or jacket from NY&Co. or Banana Republic and paired with a simple pair of khaki pants. I love the tunics that can be worn over a pair of colored tights with a boyfriend jacket and riding boots in the fall/winter months. There are some pieces, however, that really have me questioning the XXI designers and the people who purchase their "designs." Case in point:



Now I have never purchased a pair of shoes from Forever 21 so I cannot speak to how comfortable or resilient they are. While they have had cute pairs that I have longed to purchase, I just couldn't convince myself to bite the bullet. However, I may have to purchase these babies sometime soon:



Anyways, back to the issue at hand: glittery boots. Who in their right mind would purchase those suckers?! And what exactly would they wear them with? I mean, I know what I would pair them up with if I were to purchase them for a theme party outfit or Halloween costume. I also know that there are young girls out there who will willingly pay the 30$ for those boots and wear them out on a regular Friday/Saturday night downtown. I just wonder what skanalicious outfit they have matched with them.

I bet the next time I'm out downtown, I'll see someone in those hideous boots. I will then take a picture and post for all to see, because I know you're wondering the same thing I am: Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment