Thursday, July 1, 2010

that's a wrap

I must share with you yet another obsession of mine: pre-wrap headbands.



I wear these headbands almost daily, whenever I exercise. If you're not familiar with soccer, volleyball, or even sports in general, then you will have no earthly idea what pre-wrap is. Pre-wrap is "supposed" to be used under athletic tape so the tape doesn't stick to your skin (like when you're wrapping your ankle or wrist). However, it has become widely popular among teenage girls for use as a headband. As you can see below, pre-wrap comes to consumers in rolls. The consumer then unrolls a piece long enough to be tied into a circle to be placed over the head for a headband.



My favorite color pre-wrap to use as a headband is pink. So much so, in fact, that I have purchased a whole case (48 rolls) from The Target online for 8$. What a steal! That case should last me until I'm too old to exercise (which hopefully will be until the day I die).

Now, you're all probably wondering why I choose to wear something that breaks easily when it becomes saturated with my sweat. Well, I must tell you that I much prefer pre-wrap over those silly other headbands for sale by Revlon or Conair. First off, my head is a weird size/shape, and those headbands always slip off. I know they advertise a "no slip grip" on those headbands, but that usually means that the "grips" latch onto pieces of my hair and then subsequently pull out those pieces of hair. I know I have more hair than the average person, but I would like for it to stay attached to my scalp. There will come a point in time when I don't have much hair, so I'd like to hang on to as much of it as possible for as long as possible.

Despite my love for pre-wrap headbands, I have tried many different varieties of the other headbands. They just don't work for me! They may work for you, but they provide nothing for me. I just want something to keep the little whispy hairs out of my face when I'm trying to work out, without gradually slipping off of my head. The only headband that is able to provide this for me is pre-wrap!

I've been using pre-wrap as a headband since I was 7 years old. It seems much more popular these days, so clearly I have set yet another trend. People need to start sending me royalty checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment