Monday, December 13, 2010

I think I have a problem...

I have far too many books on my "to read" list.

I blame this ever expanding list on school. I simply do not have the time and energy to concentrate on non-scholastic books while taking classes. While I do read some books for work, they're hardly entertaining and can't even come close to dipping their pages in the "to do" pond.

Also, I think that I am getting a Kindle for Christmas.

My step-mom asked if I'd like one and after much thought, I think that I'd get a lot of use out of it! Especially when traveling. While I will not download the travel guides to the Kindle, this machine will definitely cut back on the number of pleasure books that I normally cart around. I was having issues justifying bringing 5+ books to South Africa with me in June. Now I don't have to! :)

This will also make book buying much easier, faster, and cheaper. Have you seen the prices of books on amazon.com!? The printed books are already decently priced, but the e-books are even cheaper! My wallet will thank me. And my bookshelves will thank me for not stuffing them full like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Had I had to make the decision to purchase an electronic reader, I honestly would not know which one to choose. Everywhere I go, I hear and see of a new device. Do any of you have an e-reader? Which model is it and what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment