Monday, June 28, 2010

Chicken and Pastry

I love chicken & pastry (not to be confused with chicken & dumplings).

I'll be honest - I didn't discover this tasty meal until I moved down south. Yes, I'm from the country but this is one of the most underrated southern meals available. While I much prefer homemade (read: fattening) C&P, the Cracker Barrel offers an excellent substitute. And at the CB, you can also get biscuits and/or corn bread before your meal, and then fried okra, hash brown casserole, and corn as your sides!! Now how exciting is that?!?! Gosh I love to eat. You'd think I weigh 300 lbs.

I have yet to master this wonderful meal in my own kitchen. I feel as though I would need to cook this in a cast iron skillet that has never been washed and has collected 15 years of dirt and grease. Luckily, I'm a little too hygienic for that so my C&P would be slightly healthier.

One day I vow to wow dinner guests with this tasty meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment