Sunday, January 9, 2011

"The Girl..." Trilogy

I am happy to report that I have finished the Stieg Larsson trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Next.

All in all I believe it took me about 3 weeks to read all 3 books. (That brings the total book count during this break from classes to 6 novels, for those of you who were wondering.)

While each nove was nearly 600 pages, it certainly didn't seem that way. Each novel flowed very well and had excellent character development. Even though these were translated from Swedish, the reader did not get lost in translation.

I'm anxious to see the Swedish film version of this book! I'm hoping that the gore and complexity of the first book really shine through in the movie. A U.S. version is also in the works. I believe they have cast all of the characters but I haven't really looked into it. I fear that the U.S. version of the movie will leave a lot of the "violent" scenes out of the final version so as to appeal to a wider audience.

I can only hope that the movie(s) are as great as the books. If tradition continues, however, the books will be 100x better than the movie(s).

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment