Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wedding Bell(e)s

There seems to be a lot of talk about wedding dresses as of late.

One of my best friends, Cassie, recently became engaged. For a couple of weeks we talked about wedding dresses, scouring countless ads, pins (via pinterest), and websites for the perfect dress. Turns out, she found an almost $4,000 dress at a flagship store in Raleigh for.... (wait for it)... under $400! It's the perfect fit for Cassie, as she could wear it right off the shelf, minus a few inches that need to be hemmed off the bottom for Mrs. Short Stuff ;)

I also stumbled across this website today: My Ex-Wife's Wedding Dress. Apparently, this guy's wife left him after 12 years of marriage and 2 kids. Did I mention that they were high school sweethearts? I'd say that finding 120 uses for her old wedding dress is excellent payback. And therapy.

He has also written a book about the wedding dress experiments, which is available on amazon.com.

You're probably wondering how I stumble across such things. Well, there are a variety of interesting ways but today it was via an MSN article.

On another note...

I think that, if I were to get married, I would wear a completely ridiculous dress just because I could. Kind of like the ones that Carrie Bradshaw wore/modeled in the first SATC movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment