Monday, October 10, 2011

Random Updates

I must update y'all on a few random bits. (I swear that a post with some depth will be coming soon.) These are absurdly random items and completely unrelated, so please forgive me now.

1. The goldfish obsession continues. I went to Sam's Club and purchased over 4 lbs of these delicious baked snack crackers. Three large bags came in one large box. I just opened my last bag of goldfish about 5 minutes ago. It will, of course, be devoured come the week's end. So if you need me this weekend, I'll be at Sam's Club!



2. Two weekends ago, I went on a baking charade. I made red velvet whoopie pies and pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I didn't want to eat all of these so I dispersed these delicious treats amongst my friends and coworkers. Needless to say, everything was gone come Tuesday afternoon.





2a. Those whoopie pies called for an entire 1 oz. bottle of red food coloring! While that doesn't seem like a large amount, it really is. And look at how red the batter was!



2b. I also made homemade chicken noodle soup before I started baking. I didn't have any bow tie pasta or macaroni noodles so I used angel hair pasta. I stuck a box in the crock pot (uncooked) with 4 cans of chicken broth, seasonings, celery, carrots, and chicken and let it cook overnight. Talk about heaven! mmmm

3. Kristi and I had our first bonfire of the season a couple of weeks ago! Her shed blew over during hurricane Irene so we had a few pieces of wood and sticks to burn. And it was actually quite chilly so the fire was needed and enjoyed. (You know I was out there in a hoodie, sweats, and Uggs.)



4. Speaking of weather - this past weekend's weather was absolutely fabulous! I hope that wherever you reside had weather that was equally as perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment