Friday, April 15, 2011

The Food Chronicles: Green Peppers

This month's food obsession is proving to be green peppers. I find this quite surprising considering that up until a little over a year ago I could only eat GP's if they were sautéed and buried under other foods. Now I find myself adding GP's to almost any dish. Last night I even made stuffed GP's! I filled them with ground turkey, mushrooms, a fresh diced tomato, tomato paste, and a smidge of mozzarella cheese.

I also learned these fun facts about GP's from BigOven.com:
- Native to the tropical Western Hemisphere, Christopher Columbus brought sweet peppers back to Europe where they quickly became a popular ingredient in Spanish cuisine.
- Picked when mature, but not fully ripe, they sport a bright green color. When left on the vine to ripen, green peppers eventually turn to even sweeter reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment