Friday, March 18, 2011

Lady Hawks

This has been a pretty exciting week in the world of UNCW Women's Basketball. Not only did the Lady Hawks get a bid to the WNIT, but they have also defeated their first round opponent, Richmond.

Now, here's the exciting part...

UNCW gets to host the second round game against Eastern Michigan! Not only is this the first post-season appearance for the Lady Hawks ever (in program history), but it is also obviously our first time hosting a post-season game.

As most of you are aware, I am an avid basketball fan and have been following the UNCW Women's Basketball team all season. Kristi and I even went to the conference tournament in MD last weekend. But I won't lie -- I follow because of Coop. I have loved her since she played for USC and grew up watching her shape the WNBA. She is a huge idol of mine and to have her here on campus is truly amazing.

So, here's to wishing the Lady Hawks the best of luck in the NIT! I'll be there cheering them on. GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment