Thursday, November 4, 2010

cancer

Just yesterday I was talking to a couple of coworkers about lung cancer. I don't even remember how the subject was brought up. I actually ended up telling them a story about a woman who got lung cancer due to second hand smoke; she had never picked up a cigarette in her life. Well, then today, I stumbled upon this article. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm not one to tell people how to live their lives. Do what you want. To each his own. Only you can be responsible for your own actions. Blah, blah, blah. I will, however, tell you that I have seen first hand what cancer can do not only to an individual, but also to a family. It is not pretty and I do not wish any sort of cancer upon anyone - not even my worst enemy.

I urge all of you to pay attention to your body. You know your body better than any doctor. After all, you're the only one around you all day, every day! If you don't feel well, rest. If you continue to not feel well, go to the doctor. Most of us are so busy these days that we brush aside our health. Please don't. If you wait too long, it may be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment