Monday, December 19, 2011

Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken

I forget where I saw this recipe (probably through one of my friends on Pinterest) but it was a great find! Fairly common sense when you think about it but we all know that sometimes I just don't think about it.

I have amended this recipe slightly based on my observations but what works for me may not work for you. Be sure to read the notes section at the end before you jump on this recipe!


Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients:
2-3 lbs. chicken breast, frozen
1 package ranch seasoning
1 jar of hot sauce




Cooking Instructions:
1. Turn crock pot on highest setting and place frozen chicken breasts inside.
2. Mix together hot sauce and ranch packet and apply directly on top of frozen chicken breasts.


3. Cook for about an hour or until chicken is cooked thoroughly enough to pull apart.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot and pull apart using two forks.
5. Place pulled chicken back into crock pot and mix with liquids that were in the pot from before.
6. Turn crock pot to "low" or "warm" setting and allow to simmer for another 1-2 hours.
7. Serve pulled chicken on tortillas, bread, etc. Garnish with desired toppings.


Notes:
1. I chose to use chicken tenderloins but only because that was all that was in my freezer! This is also a great option when you are cooking for one, which I am.
2. If you are cooking for one, I would only use half of the package of ranch. I used a whole package and it was way too salty for the amount of chicken that I used.
3. This recipe will probably work best if you were to mix together the hot sauce and the ranch. I chose not to do that and had chunks of ranch throughout my chicken. That was fine by me but again, it was rather salty at times.
4. The longer you let the pulled chicken sit in the sauce mixture, the thicker the sauce will become. And the spicier the chicken will become!
5. This chicken would also be great on nachos, garnished with some sour cream, jalapenos, shredded cheese, beans, etc.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. What temp did you cook this on? Low or high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Nevermind.. I see in step one, it was on high. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete