Friday, October 22, 2010

Punkins!

Last weekend, Kristi and I went to the white church and purchased pumpkins for carving. (White as in that's the color of the exterior of the church, not as in that's the color of the people who go there.) We only spent 30 minutes searching for the perfect carving pumpkins; we budgeted an hour. Then we went to the UNCW women's volleyball match to watch an atrocious spectacle but I won't get started on that sour story.

It took another hour to clean out the pumpkins - my least favorite part. We both had to draw our own designs and transfer them so that took some time as well. Kristi chose a whale tale, similar to a drawing done by her favorite artist, Wyland. I chose a skull and crossbones with a bow (which I imagine being pink).

In my opinion, both turned out lovely:

Kristi had purchased last year at Walmart these handy dandy electronic pumpkin carvers. They made carving so much easier and less painful :)

After the punkin festivities, we decided to make it an official fall day and have a bonfire! The fire lasted a couple of hours and we had no problems staring into it for that period of time. It was so relaxing.

Here is a photo of Carter taking in the sights and keeping his little nose warm:


THEN we decided to put the feather in the fall hat by watching Paranormal Activity. I had never seen it and Kristi hadn't seen it since it was in theaters. I figured that since we had planned to go see PA2 with some of her coworkers, that I should probably see the first one so I know what I'm in for. I must say that it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but my heart rate definitely increased. It wasn't gory or gross, but it did allow for your imagination to wander. And that is the worst part. Because you never know who or what was in your house before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment