Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little Things

Ok y'all.

There has been a tad bit of drama in my world as of late. And if you know me at all, you know that I do not enjoy drama. In fact, I tend to run from it and avoid anyone/anything who loves it.

This situation could have turned even more dramatic but I chose to accept it (because I could do nothing to change it) and walked away. I'm still angry about how it all went down, but I will spare you the details.

What I will tell you is that my roommate moved out.

Am I sad about this? Not really.

Was I dependent upon her for income, favors, chores, etc.? Not really.

Did I forget how fabulous it is to live alone? ABSOLUTELY!

In celebration of this revisited revelation, I am making a list! (You know I love me some lists.)


What I love about living alone:
  1. Being able to walk around naked. Don't lie - you do it too.
  2. Laughing aloud at stupid stuff/yelling at the TV... and feeling no shame. I mean, college football and basketball seasons are right around the corner!
  3. Not worrying that someone is going to break my grandmother's china or throw my dedicates into the dryer when they really need to be line dried.
  4. Knowing that my dog will only get fed when I feed her.
  5. Knowing that everything will still be exactly where I left it. Or be moved to wherever Luna chose to move it. (Same difference.)

[cue sigh of relief]


In other news, it has been raining like the dickens in southeastern NC - and I am about over that mess! My gardenia bush, however, has celebrated by gifting me with its first bloom :)




No comments:

Post a Comment