Monday, December 13, 2010

Top 5 Holiday Movies

I have compiled a list of my personal top 5 holiday movies. Since I am somewhat of a movie fanatic (even though I don't have time to see a lot of the newer ones) and absolutely cannot be forced to choose a #1, I have listed them in no particular order.


I used to watch this movie non-stop when I was a kid and it drove my mom nuts! She's still mad at me for that... Kids these days just don't know what good movies are all about!



This is the original claymation version, with Burl Ives. My grandmother and I would sit in the living room and watch this daily during the holiday season, from a VHS that my uncle taped from the original showing years before.



My mom took me to see the original movie in the theaters. All I remember is both of us laughing so hard that we had tears rolling down our cheeks. (Yes, my crying from laughter started at a young age. I get it from mom.)



My best friend and I quote this movie year round. It's one of those movies that just asks for it! I don't think I saw this movie until she made me sit down and watch it. Now it's a holiday staple. (I also love any chance to watch Will Ferrell. I will watch any movie he is in, regardless of how horrible the reviews are. He has the best one-liners!)



This movie stars Annette Funicello and Tommy Sands. I don't know why I was/am so obsessed with this movie, but I am. I made mom watch it with me last year and she thought I was nuts.




I know what you're thinking. How could I not name classics such as It's a Wonderful Life and The Christmas Story?! While I do enjoy those movies, something about them just didn't strike me as entertaining. I will watch them if they're on TV, but I certainly don't own them on DVD.

What are some of your favorite holiday movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment